The narrow wedge shaped ornate art nouveau, Black Friars Pub is found in the area of the same name. Just across from the newly refurbished Black Friars Station. Built around 1875 it overflows with the work by sculptors Nathaniel Hitch, Frederick T. Callcott and Henry Poole. The exterior is equally elaborate.
In the 1960's Sir John Betjeman led a campaign to save the building from demolition.
Not bad for a pint, pie and picture.