The beautiful stained glass window has the date 1625 in the inscription that is a little difficult to read on the inside with all the boxes stacked in front of it. The building is thought to be the only wooden structure to have survived the great fire of 1666. It was at that time the home of the gatekeeper of Temple. It later became a club named the wig and pen, a hangout for the nearby lawyers and journalists. Sadly it was taken over by developers in 2003, re-opening as a Thai restaurant.